In the Loop

Here is a never before seen Rush POV from Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines, a Rush POV that has never been seen, and a sneak peek of You Were Mine by Abbi Glines (Tripp and Bethy's story due to be released in December), I found on Abbi Glines' website.

This is a Rush POV from Forever Too Far (this scene was originally told in Blaire’s POV)

I had let her stand out there long enough telling her dad goodbye. I wasn’t going to be able to stand inside any longer. Pregnancy had made my girl emotional and seeing her dad leave was going to be hard on her. She was going to need me. I opened the door up just as her father drove away.

The sadness in her eyes made my stomach knot up. I hated knowing she was upset. When she moved toward me I hurried down the stairs to get to her. It was my goal in life to keep Blaire’s smile on her perfect lips. Having her upset wasn’t okay. Ever.

“You okay?” I asked already knowing she wasn’t.

“Yes. Thank you again for that. It meant more than you could ever know,” she said softly.

“Whenever you want to see him just tell me. I’ll bring him back again. Just say the word.” And I meant it. If I had to go pull the fucker here with my own two hands I would tie him up and haul him here.

“I want him here for the wedding and when the baby is born. I want him to get to meet his grandson. He doesn’t have anyone but me left. Our son will be his family too.”

“Done. I’ll have him a plane ticket purchased and ready for the minute we need it.”

Blaire stared up at me with her big blue eyes shinning with adoration that brought me to my knees. That was all it took from her. One look and I was done for.

“What changed you? You’re so completely different from that guy I met back in June,” she said smiling up at me.

God did she even have to ask? I slipped my hand into her hair and let the silky locks wrap around my fingers. “This sweet, determined, sexy-as-hell blonde walked into my life and gave me a reason to live.”

She started to say something when her eyes flared and she grabbed my arm and tugged my hand to her stomach. “Rush. He’s kicking me,” she said in an awed whisper.

I felt the movement inside her and my chest constricted. I cupped her stomach with both my hands and stared down at the miracle I was feeling in complete wonder. “I can feel him,” I managed to say through the emotion clogging my throat. And just as if I’d asked our baby to move, he did it again.

“Talk to him, Rush,” Blaire encouraged me. He was obviously reacting to my voice. This time I literally fell to my knees so that I could be close to our baby. If he was hearing me then I was going to make it even easier for him.

“Hey you,” I said unsure what exactly I was supposed to say now that I was down here. That seemed to be enough because the movement was immediate. I looked up at Blaire. “He hears me,” I said more to myself than to her.

She nodded. “Yes he does. Talk to him.”

“So how is it in there? Is mommy’s tummy as cute on the inside as it is on the outside?”

Blaire’s laughter at my question was followed by another kick. This was amazing.

“I figured it was. You got lucky. Mommy’s beautiful but you’ll see that soon enough. We’ll be the two luckiest guys on the planet.”
Another movement. Our baby was listening to me. He was inside Blaire and yet he heard me and recognized me.

“You be good in there. We’re getting things ready for you out here, enjoy that cozy spot for now.”

I caressed her stomach loving the feel of her skin and the knowledge that she held our child safely inside her. “He’s really in there. He can hear us.”

Blaire laughed again. The joy in her eyes reflected exactly what I was feeling. “I thought I’d been feeling him for awhile now but nothing like this.”

Nothing in life had prepared me for this. “God, Blaire, that is amazing.” I pressed a kiss to her stomach and stood back up.

“It is, isn’t it?” she agreed beaming with pride.

“Tell me when he does it again. I want to feel,” I told her. This was one more moment I never thought I’d experience. Because of my angel, I was given this gift.


This is a never before seen Rush and Blaire scene that happens after TAKE A CHANCE ends and before ONE MORE CHANCE begins. It won’t be seen in any book….
Slacker Demon’s tour was canceled. At least for the moment. This was a first and I could tell by the concern in Dad’s voice that he wasn’t sure this was the beginning of the end. Without Kiro Manning there was no Slacker Demon. He was the central core. The rock god. And right now he wasn’t leaving his wife’s side.

I dropped my phone onto the sofa and sank down on the soft leather. I didn’t want to think about Dad and the future of his band. Because thinking about it made me remember Grant and that was actually something to worry about. He was withdrawing more and more everyday. Knowing where Harlow was made this even harder. I couldn’t tell him.

But dammit if I didn’t want to. I hated watching the way he walked through each day with the emptiness in his eyes. All my life Grant had been the life of the party. He could make me laugh when I needed it. Life didn’t get him down. So seeing him like this- lost, hollow, withdrawn – caused my chest to ache.

I had found my reason to live. My purpose in life. It was my wife and child.

Grant deserved that.

But I couldn’t fix this for him. He was the one who messed up. He had to fix this shit.

“What’s with the frown?” Blaire’s voice broke into my thoughts and my chest expanded as my blood pumped harder from just the sound of it. Being near her made everything okay with the world. I turned my head to see my beautiful wife walking toward me with a frown on her perfect mouth. She was wearing a pair of those tiny little satin shorts she’d bought with a matching camisole. This set was the same color of her eyes.

Her long blonde hair was pulled into a ponytail that hung over her left shoulder. Damn my baby was fine.

“You made me forget. Come here,” I replied holding out my hand toward her.

She immediately slipped her small palm over mine and I gently closed my fingers over hers and pulled her toward me until she was forced to climb up in my lap.

“Our boy asleep?” I asked as I buried my face in the curve of her neck and inhaled her sweet scent.

“Mmmhmm,” she murmured and cuddled in closer to me.

This was my favorite time of the day. Spending each morning with my boy while he and I watched the waves crash across the shore and he enjoyed his bottle while I enjoyed my coffee was a close second. But being alone with my Blaire would always be first.

“Let’s make another one,” I whispered as I began nibbling on her earlobe.

Blaire giggled as she grabbed my biceps. “We can’t make another right now. Nate is still just a baby. He’s too little to share our attention just yet,” she replied.

I agreed. I wanted Nate to have all of us for awhile longer. Although I did love seeing Blaire’s stomach big and swollen with my baby, I could wait. We had plenty time.

“Then we need to practice,” I told her before reaching the hem of her camisole and pulling it up over her head and tossing it to the floor.

“I would consider us pros at this point,” Blaire teased.

However her amused tone changed to a loud gasp when I pulled one of her hard little nipples into my mouth. The bite of her nails in my arms only made me hungrier for her.

“I take that back,” she panted and pressed her chest closer to my mouth. “We could use more practice.”

Grinning I let her wet pink bud pop from my mouth. “Of course we can. Even if it’s already perfect.”

Blaire shivered as I blew on her sweet tits.

The ringing of my phone interrupted us but only for a moment. Whoever it was could wait. I ignored the curiosity in Blaire’s eyes as they swung over to my phone. I wanted to sink inside my girl and forget the rest of the world.

“It’s Mase,” she whispered pulling back away from me. I knew what that meant. And I knew she was going to make me take this phone call. Motherfucking shit.

“Any chance you’re going to let me ignore him?” I asked slipping a hand down over her satin covered bottom.

She bit her lip and shook her head no.

Muttering a curse, I reached for the phone. “Better be good,” I growled as I held it to my ear.

Blaire squeezed my arm and I stared into her concerned gaze. She was worried about Harlow and Grant. I was too but dammit I was selfish when it came to my time with Blaire. These kind of interruptions were happening a lot these days.
“Far from fucking good,” Mase replied. The fear in his voice was thick.

This was not going to end well.


Everyone has that defining moment in their life. That one choice you have to make. I had my moment, and it has haunted me ever since. In those defining moments, you either pave a road to happiness or you regret every step from then on. For me, I don’t know which road would have been the best because between my two choices, neither of them included her.
I had been young and so fucking scared. Scared of being forced by my parents to be someone I didn’t want to be. Scared of making the wrong choice. Scared of leaving her. But mostly I’d been scared of losing her.

She was my regret. Leaving her changed me. The moment I climbed on my bike and drove out of Rosemary Beach, Florida, I left true joy behind. I’d only had that summer with her, three months that altered me forever. But what I would never be able to forgive myself for was that they had changed her just as much. She was beyond broken now. I couldn’t reach her.

Seeing her in pain broke my soul. Losing my cousin, Jace, had caused a deep pain in both of us, one I never wanted to relive. He would forever be in my heart. I’d never forget his laugh and the easy way he loved and lived his life. He didn’t live in the world of fear I inhabited. He chose his path and he walked it. He was the better man. And I had been able to stand back and let him have her. She deserved the better man.

Now he was gone and both of our worlds were thrown off balance. Because I couldn’t stand back anymore. No one was protecting her. No one was holding her, but she wouldn’t fucking let me near her. She wasn’t going to let me fix the past. I’d severed any hope of that when I’d driven away and left her with no other choice but to be with Jace.

If only I could embrace the emptiness and accept it. But I couldn’t. Not when I saw her lost, beautiful face. She needed me as much as I needed her. Our story wasn’t over. It would never be over. If I had to stay here and watch over her, even though she wouldn’t let me get near her, I would. For the rest of my motherfucking life. I’d stay right here. Making sure my Bethy was okay.

Comments