REVIEW - Wild and Free by Kristen Ashley



Abel Jin and Delilah Johnson have lived their lives with a hole in their soul, yearning for something they don’t understand. Until one night Delilah is in mortal danger and a man who’s otherworldly strong and supernaturally fast saves her. Delilah is then cast into a world where fiction comes to life in the form of Abel, her destined mate, a vampire/werewolf hybrid who claims her at first breath as his. 

But Abel knows the danger isn’t done. He’s dreamed for centuries that his mate will perish and he will stop at nothing to keep her safe. For Delilah, she’s not only coping with fantasy come to life, but a mingling of very different families. Not to mention, she has on her hands a man who doesn’t understand his true nature and has lived his long life thinking he’s a monster. 

Abel and Delilah together fills the hole that has been clawing at them for decades. But finally finding each other, it also tips their destinies as the last of The Three. They must unite with the other destined lovers, who with Abel and Delilah, are fated to save the world. Or die trying. 


Wild and Free (The Three Series #3) by Kristen Ashley
I was a little disappointed with this book. It started off with a bang and for me it sizzled out. 

In this third book of the series the Prophesy is fulfilled when Abel and Deliah meet. Abel is a hot as hell vampire/werewolf hybrid "biker-type outlaw" secretly wanting a family connection of his own. Deliah is a biker chick looking for that "something" to fill the void and stop the burning pain within her. When they meet and hook up it is on 
The sex scenes with Abel and Deliah are very frequent and hot. However, I started to get a little bored with the story and my mind started drifting. Maybe, it's a tad drawn out with information I didn't care about. 

I also found it a little unsettling with the vampire/werewolf biker outlaw combo. Don't get me wrong, I think the combo can work but not in this case. When they spoke it made me think of Tack and Tara or Shy and Tabby (with a splash of Indy - KA Fans you know who I am referring). And I guess the final button was pushed when Deliah's lifer biker dad and his cronies rode in to the resue against supernatural beings.  Okay, I will cut her some slack......they were need for moral support, plus what biker dad would leave his baby girl high and dry in a time of need. Someone has to "go to ground"!! LOL!!


It's weird and I am not feeling the "biker vibe". But I was digging Yuri and Aurora. You also get Lucien, Leah, Callum and Sonia. Good ending to the series with a HEA for Deliah and Abel.

I LOVE Kristen Ashley books, this series just wasn't my favorite and I will continue to read her books and I look forward to all her future works.



I was born a middle class white child in Gary, Indiana, USA. One of the last of a dying breed. I nearly killed my mother and myself making it into the world, seeing as I had the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck (already attempting to accessorize and I hadn’t taken my first breath!). Mom says they took me away, put her back in her room, she looked out the window, and Gary was on fire (Dr. King had been assassinated four days before). She remembered thinking it was the end of the world. Quite the dramatic beginning.
Nothing’s changed.
All I’ve ever wanted to do was write (well, and be the Queen of the World, but you gotta start small) and I’ve published a gazillion books and counting (and a gazillion is a lot! shoo!).You can learn about my titles that have been released or that are soon to be released in the Titles section of the website.
Even though I jump genres, there is always a theme to my books…humor (hopefully), engaging characters (again, hopefully) and romance (definitely).
My loves are movies, music, food and fashion and I partake of all of them as often as I can (the middle two more than the others, the former, which takes time I don’t often have and the latter, which takes money I rarely have). In fact, I love food so much, I like to share my good fortune so I put my recipes on offer for you on this page (see top menu and don’t miss them, they’re awesome!).
I grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana and have lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus I’m blessed to have friends and family around the globe. My family was (is) loopy (to say the least) but loopy is good when you want to write and growing up it was large and multi-generational. We all lived together on a very small farm in a small farm town in the heartland. I grew up with Glenn Miller, The Everly Brothers, REO Speedwagon and Whitesnake (and the wardrobes that matched). Needless to say, growing up in a house full of music, clothes and love was a good way to grow up.
And as I keep growing up, it keeps getting better.
So here I am, thank goodness.

Comments