A Hitman Novel, Books 1 & 3 by Jessica Clare and Jen Frederick


Book 1

Nikolai 

I have been a contract killer since I was a boy. For years I savored the fear caused by my name, the trembling at the sight of my tattoos. The stars on my knees, the marks on my fingers, the dagger in my neck, all bespoke of danger. If you saw my eyes, it was the last vision you’d have. I have ever been the hunter, never the prey. With her, I am the mark and I am ready to lie down and let her capture me. Opening my small scarred heart to her brings out my enemies. I will carry out one last hit, but if they hurt her, I will bring the world down around their ears.

Daisy 

I've been sheltered from the outside world all my life. Home-schooled and farm-raised, I’m so naive that my best friend calls me Pollyanna. I like to believe the best in people. Nikolai is part of this new life, and he’s terrifying to me. Not because his eyes are cold or my friend warns me away from him, but because he’s the only man that has ever seen the real me beneath the awkwardness. With him, my heart is at risk... and also, my life.






Enjoyable read....but I think I like it more because I listened to it on audible and I could get lost in Nikolai's accent. Could have given it a 3 1/2. 



Book 2

Naomi

When I was kidnapped I thought only of survival. I don’t thrive well in chaos. That’s why I gave my captors exactly what they wanted: my skill with computers. Making millions for a crime lord who kept me imprisoned in his basement compound kept my family safe. When he was taken out, I thought my ticket to freedom had arrived. Wrong. I traded one keeper for another. This time I’m in the hands of a scarred, dark, demanding Russian who happens to be the head of the Bratva, a Russian crime organization. He wants my brain and my body. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t intrigued, but I can’t be a prisoner forever...no matter how good he makes me feel.

Vasily

 At a young age, I was taught that a man without power is a puppet for all. I’ve clawed—and killed—my way to the top so that it is my heel on their necks. But to unify the fractured organization into an undefeatable machine, I need a technological genius to help me steal one particular artifact. That she is breathtaking, determined, and vulnerable is making her more dangerous than all of my enemies combined. But only I can keep her safe from the world that she now inhabits. Soon, I must choose between Naomi and Bratva law. But with every day that passes, this becomes a more impossible choice. 







Best of the series....okay, I have only read two books in the series and I skipped book 2 .....but still, the best one. 

I really don't know how to begin writing this review. I absolutely loved it.....if you didn't already get that. This is definitely the first of it's kind for me. Naomi, the beautiful, blond, genius, American computer hacker with a flaw.....she has Asperger and is a germaphobic. Vasily, the large, dark, and surly Russian assassin. He is on a mission to save his sister and move up in the Bratva ranks......with the help of Naomi.

Naomi's social behavior was definitely a factor in the story. Some of her actions and reactions where quite humorous. She was the star of the book. Yes, Vasily is very alpha, hot and dark. I LOVED them as a couple. In the beginning, their sexual relationship felt a little taboo......a little wrong......like Vasily was a perv getting off on and with the "special" girl (sorry Naomi, I know you HATE that word). But once I REALLY got into the story, I got them as a couple.

I really enjoyed this book and ALL of Naomi's antics. Let's not forget the scene at the second sex club, how could we, it was both disgusting and hilarious, thanks the Naomi. Just thinking of her saying "DF" still makes me chuckle.

This book now has a place on my Favorite List, due to Vasily's Russian accent and Naomi's awkward personality.



Comments